You got 10 of 12 possible points.
Your score was: 83 %

Question Results

Score 1 of 1

Question:

In men, bicycle shorts, strenuous exercise, and saunas may affect fertility by 

Response:

Blocking the vas deferens 

Inhibiting sperm production by increasing testicular temperatures.

Inducing genetic mutations in the gametes.

Inhibiting sperm production by decreasing testicular temperatures.

Score 1 of 1

Question:

Sperm account for about _________ % of the total volume of semen.

Response:

1

 

10

25

5

Feedback:

About 30 % of the ejaculate is an alkaline fluid that comes from the prostate. The remaining 70% of fluid comes from the seminal vesicles and contains fructose.

Score 1 of 1

Question:

Menstrual blood comes from the _______ layer of the uterus.

Response:

Peritoneal

Urethral

Myometreal

Endometrial

Feedback:

The endometrium functions as a lining of the uterus. During the menstrual cycle it grows to a thick, blood vessel-rich, glandular tissue layer that sheds and undergoes cyclic regeneration.

Score 0 of 1

Question:

Sodomy is a(n)

Response:

Painful infection of the penis.

Sudden urge to have sex.

Obsolete term for anal sex.

Tryst between lovers.

Score 1 of 1

Question:

A woman’s chances of developing breast cancer may be decreased by all of the following except 

Response:

Prolonged breastfeeding.

Having a hysterectomy.

Maintaining a healthy weight.

Limiting alcohol intake.

Score 1 of 1

Question:

Cosmetic surgery is most commonly performed on which part of the vulva?

Response:

Oviducts

Labia minora

Feedback:

Labiaplasty is one of the most common elective surgeries. It reduces the size and shape of the labia minora while also creating a more symmetrical appearance.

Clitoris

Labia majora

Score 0 of 1

Question:

The strongest arguments for circumcision of male infants focus on ________.  The strongest arguments against it focus on ________. 

Response:

Preventing disease; decreasing sexual pleasure.

Increasing sexual pressure; tissue damage and denial of child’s right to choose for himself.

Preventing disease; tissue damage and denial of child’s right to choose for himself.

Preventing tissue damage; increased risk of disease.

Score 1 of 1

Question:

If prenatal testosterone exposure leads to male gender development, then we would expect girls affected by congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) to exhibit all of the following behaviors more than unaffected girls except

Response:

Exceptional navigation skills.

Malicious gossip.

Overt aggression.

Feedback:

CAH is an affliction in females who have overactive adrenal glands. It produces extra cortisol, a hormone that is similar to testosterone, and causes females to develop masculinized genitalia. They often take on other traditionally masculine traits, such as the ones listed above.

Optimal mental rotation skills.

Score 1 of 1

Question:

The observation that women’s ratings of male attractiveness vary across the menstrual cycle suggests that receptiveness to certain male traits may be influenced by

Response:

Cultural context.

Hormones.

Feedback:

Hormone levels change throughout the menstrual cycle, so the change in ratings of attractiveness would most likely be caused by hormones. 

Neurotransmitters.

Male secretions.

Score 1 of 1

Question:

The body’s system that elevates or lowers the testicles is designed to

Response:

Regulate testicular temperature in order to  maintain fertility.

Increase genital attractiveness to potential mates.

Regulate testicular temperature in order to protect the penis from cold.

Protect the testicles from potential trauma.

Score 1 of 1

Question:

________ cancer is the most common non-skin cancer among American men.

Response:

Prostate

Feedback:

According to the American Cancer Society, about 10% of men in the United States will develop prostate cancer at some time in their life, and 40,000 men die each year due to it in the U.S. alone.

 

Anal

 

Testicular

Scrotal

 

Score 1 of 1

Question:

People who do not experience sexual attraction are termed:

Response:

Autophilic

Asexual

Anti-sexual

Antiphilic